Monday, June 30, 2014

3...2...1...LAUNCH!


“Every step taken is the first of a new journey. It's up to me if I choose to continue walking or I might love it so much I will run."   
-Kia Carrington Russell 


I am finally getting my first post out! I am so excited to be here with you! I have been wanting to get this started for months, to share all the incredible things I'm learning. Thank you so much for visiting, and I hope you like what you find!
My name is Jenna. I study people, and in particular what it takes to make them operate at their highest (healthiest) potential. From our cells to our organs to our emotions and our energy, what makes us tick? And keeps us ticking? Ultimately my main desire is to be an educator and a healer. Someone who can empower others to find their way to freedom. I am in the process of certifying as a Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor through the International Institute of Healthcare Education, lead and founded by Karen Urbanek, and will then pursue my certification as a practitioner of holistic healthcare. I passionately believe in what I am doing and am so excited to share bits of my journey with you through this website. 

A little more about my current program! It was put together by Karen Urbanek, an inspiring holistic healthcare practitioner and innovator in the field of healing and preventive medicine. Karen is fantastic! I have had the privilege of being her student and I would love to put her in front of everyone I know.  She runs a successful business called Karen’s Energy which is based in Wisconsin, but educates around the nation. I am studying material by dozens of professionals in the medical world, including T. Collin Campbell, PhD and author of ‘The China Study’ and more recently ‘Whole: Rethinking The Science of Nutrition’, Robert Morse, N.D. and author of ‘The Detox Miracle Sourcebook’, James L. Oschman author of ‘Energy Medicine- The Scientific Basic,’ etc. I am studying bits and pieces of over 80 different healing methods and modalities, as well as trying to master human anatomy and biology! (Not an easy task- our bodies are amazing!)



But the most important things I am learning are all the answers to simple health questions I face every day. What the heck should I eat? How do I lose weight? How do I feel confident in who I am? What is cancer and why does it plague our society? Can we overcome it? Why can’t I/how can I focus? Why are our bodies falling apart? How do I raise healthy and vibrant children? How can I sleep better? Where do I get more energy? Can I eat well when on a tiny budget? Are my emotions affecting my health? This is a phenomenal program that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. The information is priceless and has changed, and is still changing, my life. 


I choose the title ‘Set Me Free’ for several reasons. I wanted something that captured, in a few words, what my goals are for this website and my career. Our health can be our greatest ally, or our greatest enemy. Unfortunately too often we find ourselves or our loved ones prisoners to disease and illness or otherwise unnamed ailments that keep us from being all we want to be. I have seen so many people lose hope or give up on their dreams simply because they are too tired and broken to run after them anymore. I grew up in a family where we’ve faced all kinds of health challenges and questions that have often seemed unanswerable. Although we are not all the way there yet, we have found answers and are seeing miracles in our home. 




I KNOW that through trusting our bodies and learning what they need to be healthy, that there is HOPE for all of us. We don’t have to be sick all the time!! We don’t have to be afraid! There are answers! Our bodies are much simpler than we are led to believe, and we all have the power to live lives full of LIFE and VITALITY. I believe this with all my heart and want to pursue and teach it for the rest of my life. 

I am a student. I am still deep in the learning stages and hope that we can learn together! Please visit often! And if I don’t have the answers you’re looking for, I know the people who do! I am also very open to questions, or suggestions as to what you'd like to see on the blog. Don't hesitate to reach out to me. 

Here's to our health!!

1 comment: